Monday, February 28, 2022

Finlay Donovan Knocks 'Em Dead

 I must admit something. This is a book I have been waiting for since last year. (Honestly.) I randomly ordered the first one from the library last year, and the librarian who gathered my books gushed about how much he loved it. I didn't know a thing about it, except that it had popped up on some of my book groups, and I liked the cover. The first book was just... fun. It had all of the right elements for me to just fly right through it. Finlay Donovan is going through a divorce with her husband and struggling to write her newest contracted book. While attending a meeting with her agent at a Panera Bread (mmm Panera) she is overheard and misunderstood. The next thing Finlay knows, she has been contracted for a hit on a sleazy business man. How is that for a premise? Have you seen Good Girls? Same kind of vibe.


So, as soon as I was done, I wanted the next installment. Fortunately, it wasn't as long as a wait as it could have been. Because last week, a copy showed up, all shiny and new on the hold shelf for me at the library. (For those of you that are fans of Finlay; happy news! Elle Cosimano has apparently already been contracted for two more books in the series!)
The cover was just as appealing. I thought this book might follow the same type of plot line. I suppose it did... to a certain extent. Finlay still has a sizzling hot cop lusting after her; as well as many steamy shared nights with the foxy bartender. She still has her live in nanny (and assistant in crime, Vero) living with her and the kids. This time, however; Finlay has found a listing for a hit that was ordered on her husband. Together, her and Vero attempt to unravel the mystery of who exactly has ordered the hit; and protect Steven (her cheating ex). 

This novel sees Finlay in fast cars, visiting prison, Thanksgiving dinners, and Christmas trees. Full of all of the romp and sizzle of the first novel, Finlay finds herself even more tangled up in the web of organized crime; all while trying to write her next novel. The pressure is on - will Finlay deliver? I certainly thought so!

Until next time! Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment